Transferring to KVCC

Transferring to KVCC



If you are transferring to KVCC from another institution, consider the following:

  1. When completing your FAFSA, be sure to list KVCC. Our school code is 009826.
  2. If you have completed placement assessments, such as the Accuplacer, at another institution, have your scores forwarded to KVCC.
  3. After you have been accepted to KVCC, your college transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit depending on the requirements of your program of study (credits accepted for transfer will appear as a grade of TR in your student portal indicating the specific courses that have been transferred to KVCC).


Questions about transfer credits should be addressed to the Academic Affairs Office at

Transferring to KVCC

Our staff have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to transferring to KVCC and appear below:

Transfer credit may be awarded for course work completed at an accredited institution of higher education with a grade of "C" or higher.  Official transcripts for previous college work must be submitted to the Registrar's office for review.

Course credit transferred in will be noted on the student's unofficial transcript which may be found in the My KV Student Information Portal. Only credits required in the current program of study and approved by the Registrar will be transferred in.

With most job-placement rates exceeding 95% in high-paying fields, our graduates can earn more and succeed in their careers.

Learning experiences are not limited to the classroom. Many of our students participate in student clubs and other student events & activities, club sports, honor societies and student government.

There are also several opportunities to become involved in paid student leader positions.

For more information regarding student clubs & organizations, contact Kevin Richards at



We believe you should have the opportunity to achieve your educational goals, regardless of financial circumstances.  In fact, we have the most affordable tuition rate in the entire state.

Students may apply for federal Pell grants and loans.  You may also contact Student Accounts in the Enrollment Center to work on a payment plan if needed.  Payment plans are available for students taking 6 or more credits in a semester. A fee of $25.00 is charged when arranging the payment plan. For more information regarding a payment plan and eligibility, contact

Our Admissions Advisors are available to help you navigate program selection and enrollment.

This course equivalency matrix provides a quick reference guide for students who are interested in transferring general education course credits from one Maine community college to another.  Although the chart is updated on a regular basis, students are encouraged to confirm the information with the school to which they wish to transfer their credits.


External Links